Did you know that you can put a Credit Hold on specific Customer/Company as needed? We understand that there are times when a customer or company has issues paying their bills. For this purpose we have added a Credit Hold option that alerts your staff when there is an issue with bill payment. This will prompt your team to speak with accounting, letting them clear the Credit Hold once payment is taken or an accounting negotiation is determined.Your team can resume working on the proposals as needed after the Credit Hold is removed.If you have any questions about Credit Hold, please give our support team a call at (800) 348-2486
Check In/Check Out Module
Did you know that you can easily keep close tabs on your expensive barcoded inventory? With the Check In/Check Out module you have the ability to log in and out barcoded equipment as the warehouse staff pulls it from its location(s), letting IntelliEvent track its whereabouts. By simply selecting the job number in this module you can view the barcoded equipment listed on the job. Once you have verified the list is correct you can choose to manually Check In or Check Out your items. This will log the delivery location as well as date and time the items were logged in or out.
When you Check In your items you will be given the option to add it to QC or Shelf. QC stands for Quality Control. If you place your items in QC, the staff will need to verify that the item still works and needs no repair before moving the item to Shelf where it can be rented again as needed.If you have any questions about the Check In/Check Out Module, please give our support team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Exporting Files to Excel
Do you need to sort some of your information in IntelliEvent? One way to organize your information is by exporting files to excel. You can do this with any report that gives you the option to Print to File as .prn with delimited tabs option. Follow the subsequent steps to learn how to export files:
1. Run a report and select print to File. This will open the “Set print file name” screen
2. Name the file and select Desktop as the location to save to. Confirm that the file is on your desktop
3. Open Excel and select File, Open, then choose Desktop location to view files. Make sure to view All Files (Not just All Excel Files)
4. Search for the named .prn file on your desktop and click to open it, this will open Text Import Wizard
5. Select Delimited and set the Start Import at row “x” where x is the number which best fits the information you are looking to organize. Click Next.
6. Change all Data format Column by Column to Text instead of General, then click Finish
7. Now that the data has been separated into rows and columns, make sure to “Save As” Excel Workbook type and name it accordingly to your desktop.You now have an Excel spreadsheet with information you can sort as needed. Please call our support team at (800) 348-2486 if you have any questions about exporting files to Excel.
Changing the Company Logo
Do you have a sleek new logo that you want to put on your Job Quotes and Invoices? Here’s how to make that happen:
First, make sure your company logo fulfills the following requirements: It must be less than 150kb and a Bitmap (.bmp image format). You can use Microsoft Paint to convert an existing image file to .bmp and modify its size. To update the logo, ensure that all users are logged out of IntelliEvent. The data file needs to be at rest so the global settings will update automatically with the logo change. Then, follow the following steps:
1. Create a copy of the original logo file and save it in a safe place
2. Login to IntelliEvent, then go to “IntelliEvent” tab –> “Administration” –> “Admin Windows” –> “Constants (Admin Choices)”. You should now see the current logo in the top right of the active window
3. Click the “Modify the Current Record” icon, then the company logo box in the top right. You should see a flashing black cub in the top left.
4. Hit the “delete” key to remove the old logo
5. Click the “Edit” tab –> “Paste from File” –> Navigate to your new bitmap (.bmp) company logo file and select open. Then click “Accept Changes” (the green check mark)
6. Log out of IntelliEventTo test the Company Logo Change, log into IntelliEvent, click “Jobs” –> “Print” –> “Screen”. If the logo update was successful, the new company logo will appear in the top left of the Job Report.If you have any questions about changing your company logo or event rental software please call our support team at (800) 348-2486.
Expanding the Express Data File
When you see the pop-up about your data file being full, it is time to expand. Before you do so, it is very important to make a back-up of your Data Files. This will allow you to recover all of your information if something goes wrong during the expansion. For a quick reminder on how to run a back-up, please take a look at our past quick tip, “Data File Back-Up Instructions.” Once your information is backed-up, follow the following directions:
1. Ensure that everyone is logged out of IntelliEvent and your files are backed up.
2. Log into IntelliEvent and wait for the message to Expand to appear. If it does not appear, please go to your Company Drop Down –> Administration –> Admin Windows –> System Admin, and select, ‘Expand.’ Then, follow the directions.
3. Click ‘OK’ to perform the expansion. Once this begins do not interrupt the process, as doing so will cause data file errors.
4. Once completed, log out of IntelliEvent, then log back in and review your data file by going to: Company Drop Down –> Administration –> Admin Windows –> System Admin. If the data file expansion was successful, you will see a new DF added which should contain 262 MB size of free space. If you do not see it, please contact our support team for assistance.If you have any questions about Expanding your Data file or event rental software, please give our support team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Data File Backup Instructions
It is very important to make daily back-ups of your IntelliEvent Express Data Files to have the ability to recover information that has been lost, damaged, or deleted due to adverse server or network functionality and/or power failures. The following are three easy steps to back up your data file:
1. Very Important: Everyone needs to be logged out of IntelliEvent before beginning the back-up process.
2. Once you are sure everyone is logged out, locate the intlevnt.DF1 (.DF2, .DF#, etc.) file(s), as well as the current Library. These should be located on your server. To find out where the DF file(s) are located; open IntelliEvent, click File, select About IntelliEvent, and look at Datafile Path.
3. Select all of the DF files and Library and copy them into a Back-up folder (you may have to create this folder). Now your files are backed up! You should perform this back-up once a day to ensure that nothing is lost.
If you have any questions about this process, please give our support team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Adding Pullsheet and Packlist Notes
Did you know that you can add Pullsheet and Packlist Notes to your Job proposals that your employees can review and follow up on?
When creating or modifying a Job there is an option called “P Notes” located under the Print option. To add notes simply click on “P Notes.” This will bring up a screen that will allow you to add notes to both the Pullsheet print out and/or the Packlist print out as needed.This notes section comes in handy for staff members that pull your inventory and items for shipping and receiving, as well as anyone that requires further direction from team members. To verify that the notes are correct please select “Print,” then “Print to screen.” Navigate to either “Pullsheet or “Packlist” to review the notes and direct your staff as needed.If you have any questions about adding Pullsheet and Packlist Notes, please give our support team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Adding and/or Modifying Tax Jurisdictions
Did you know that IntelliEvent management software gives you the ability to add and/or modify tax jurisdictions?
Some companies work with customers that reside in different Tax Jurisdictions, so IntelliEvent has created the option to add and modify those Tax Jurisdictions as needed. To do this, select your Company Name Drop Down → Administration → Admin Windows → Tax Jurisdictions. Then click on the modify icon to make the necessary changes. When adding your new Tax Jurisdictions, please make sure to Tab through to the last section to create a new jurisdiction below. Once this appears, you can modify as needed.
You also have the ability to designate a default location. If you choose not to, you will be prompted to select a location on every new job created. This may be preferred if working with customers from a variety of Tax Jurisdictions. There are four optional areas to add a percentage rate to: Rental Rate, Sales Rate, Labor Rate, and Misc. Rate. Please remember to save your changes when making any modifications to your Tax Jurisdictions.If you have any questions about Adding and/or Modifying Tax Jurisdictions, please give our Support Team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Default and Alternate Entry Methods for Job Proposals
Did you know that there is an alternate method of entering items into your Job Proposals?
The Default entry method allows you to quickly select and add items by Model and/or Part Number. This entry method is the faster of the two because it does not display the full details for every item. Therefore, users tend to use this method to prepare Job Proposals rapidly.The Alternate entry method displays full details of each item, allowing you to select the quantity per item in the same details screen. This screen displays how many items are available in real time while also displaying the unit price per item, the discount cost of each item, and the option to select day or hourly charge per item. This entry method is usually utilized by customers who do not sub-rent items.If you have any questions about the Default and Alternate entry methods, please give our support team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Did you know that there are three ways to view and use the Availability Calendar? This means you have multiple options for looking at your jobs to ensure no double-booking.
The first view is located in the Job Rental screen where you can check the availability of each item you have scheduled individually. This is the quickest way to view the availability of an item scheduled for renting with the caveat that you cannot view System Components from this view. (System Components are the parts that make up each item).
You can also navigate directly from the Availability Icon located on the main screen to the left of the Help (?) icon. This option allows you to view any item in your inventory, including System Components. From this screen, you can also check the Conflict of any item and export the Equipment Board to Excel as needed. Exporting the Equipment Board allows you to view the selected items in a calendar outside of IntelliEvent management software.
Find the third view within your Inventory Drop Down menu, or by pressing the F7 key. This view gives you the ability to select a specific date range and type of item for quick searching purposes. Additionally, you can print reports from this screen and select between warehouse locations (permitting you have purchased the Multi-Location modules).
If you have any questions about the Availability Calendar, please give our Support Team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Oplock Utility Tool
Have you noticed a Black Padlock appearing often on your screen or experienced lag issues while working in IntelliEvent? There are a variety of reasons this may be happening on your software. By running the OPLOCK Utility Tool at least once a month after the second Tuesday, you can improve the performance and stability of IntelliEvent, as well as save you time.
To resolve this issue, please run the OPLOCK Utility Tool on your Server and all PC’s using IntelliEvent management software. This should be stored in the IntelliEvent folder on your computer. If it is not there, then it will be where your data files are located. After running this tool, re-boot all of the machines.
This utility is designed to insure your IntelliEvent Installation and Windows OS are communicating properly. If you do not have the OPLOCKS Utility file or you need assistance running it, please call our customer support team at 800-348-2486.
Did you know that Daybook has three different screen types you can view?
If you mouse over the Daybook Icon (charcoal grey colored) located on the main screen and right-click you can select between Daybook Full Screen, Daybook by Day and Daybook Display. Each screen gives you a different way to view and review your Jobs with specific information as needed.
-The Daybook Full Screen will give you the most information available. It includes the Rental Items, Activity Dates, Crew Members and Site Information, all on one screen.
-The Daybook by Day screen will allow you to select a specific day or date range to review all jobs marked for that time period, as well as some printing options.
-The Daybook Display screen will allow you to select different Warehouse Locations, set specific Day and Month Jobs, filter by Tech Activities or Salesperson Activities, and flag or mark Complete/Incomplete on jobs for tracking purposes.
Every week, IntelliEvent will be posting “Quick Tips,” small tips on various parts of our management software. If you have any questions about our Quick Tips, please give our support team a call at (800) 348-2486.
Items to Check When Installing Express
Here are a number of items to examine to ensure your IntelliEvent Express software is operating at peak performance :
1. Antivirus and Malware Protection software folder exceptions and process exclusion
2. OPLOCK utility to help you avoid the "Black Padlock"
3. Disk Caching Policy setting
4. Proper Network connectivity
5. Local library (intlevnt.lbr) shortcut
1. The following exceptions and process exclusions are needed for your antivirus software and malware protection software:
The folder exceptions are:
C:\IntelEvent < Folder exception
\\ Express Data\ < folder location on the server
Add the Folder Exceptions
C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelEvent\OMNIS7.exe
Add the Process exclusion and
2. Ensure you run the OPLOCK utility on the server and the workstations and restart the PC or server immediately. This will need to be done at least once ever 2nd Tuesday after Microsoft performs it's updates. This will ensure you avoid the "Black Padlock" which is the OMNIS data manager's way of letting the user know that the system is not updating the database in realtime. The data manager shows the "Black Padlock" when it has to lock a portion of the file
3. Disk Caching Policy
Open the Device Manager and check to see if the local user hard drive policy has the Disk caching option unchecked. This will only need to be done once as Microsoft does not make changes there.
To access the option:
Right Click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager > Click on Hard Drive to expand the options > Select the IDE or SCSCI drive device and Right Click Properties > Click on the Policy TAB and uncheck the "Disk Caching" option.
4. Please also ensure that your network connections do not contain any splitter boxes. Each PC should have a direct connection to the router/switch. No wireless connected PCs should be allowed to use Express as the connectivity is not quick enough and generally will result in errors being created in the database. The exception would be a wireless connected PC that establishes an RDP connection to a terminal server where the user can run the Express client and connect directly to the data.
5. Please check and make sure that your library is being accessed from your local C:\IntelEvent folder and not a location such as the data folder on the server. This method will result in very slow performance. A shortcut to the local library should be placed on the user's desktop.
If you have any questions regarding the above information please contact a member of our support team.